CaliberMind is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, and be part of our growth. You'll help build new features of our marketing analytics data pipeline service, improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. The perfect candidate wants to learn the key values that make our product great and implement those values in the many small decisions you will make every day as a developer.
CaliberMind is the epitome of data-driven-development — our engineering team is focused on building a world-class product that:
- Facilitates Marketing Data Analytics — join our mission is to reliably deliver best-in-class schemas, and clean data, designed to be intuitively useful to marketing analysts and marketing operations.
- Contributes to our Community — help build and improve our data models and develop tools like Data Lakes, Spark-based Transformations, and visualization infrastructure to empower marketers to make business-critical decisions that amplify marketing pipeline.
- Is Absolutely Dependable — work to make CaliberMind the most reliable and secure component of our customers’ marketing tech stack.
We emphasize using no-nonsense tools and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Python, NodeJS, Postgres, BigQuery, and Kubernetes, and our front-end is built on React.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Build Spark-based jobs for customers requiring unique customizations to their marketing data models
- Create new data push connectors to allows marketers to activate their data in the data source
- Develop, maintain, and test code
- Contribute to the efforts to the maintenance and improvement of existing services; call for improvement in all areas of CaliberMind's codebase and infrastructure
- Participate in system architecture discussions and change planning
- Contribute to hiring by participating in the interview process
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Able to define project requirements
- Proficient at designing software, infrastructure, and scalable data models
- Works well in a team
- Mentors junior and senior developers
- Can identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
- Pyspark / Python / NodeJS programming experience
- Experience in data processing (ETL, ELT) and/or cloud-based platforms
- Experience in designing and developing file, event, application, or database connectors
- Experienced working in a cloud environment utilizing GCP, Postgres, Kubernetes, Docker, or similar technologies
- Experience working with marketing technology and marketing data analytics
Perks working at CaliberMind
- Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Spouse or Family coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K Plan
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Stock option plan