How to Report on Which Paid Advertisements Drive Pipeline and Revenue
A Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) report helps marketers understand which paid advertisements drive the most revenue for their investments. In other words, it enables marketers to make data-driven decisions about what paid advertising platforms are the most efficient in driving revenue for the business and, in turn, where to focus their investments.
Why You'd Use This Report
Marketers use ROAS reports when the goal is to determine which advertising channels they should spend their marketing dollars on in order to deliver the highest quality accounts to their sales team, resulting in higher quality deals with more revenue attached.
WHO THIS is valuable for
- Demand Generation and Digital Marketing teams
- Marketing Ops
- Marketing Analysts
- VPs of Marketing / CMOs
DATA You Need
- Paid Advertising Spend
- Paid Advertising Performance (Impressions, Clicks, Conversions)
- Opportunities and Pipeline Created (Closed Won)
- Time Frame (based on touchpoint)
data sources required
- Paid Advertising Channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Syndication, etc)
- Marketing Automation Platform (Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Pardot, etc)
- CRM (Salesforce, SAP, etc)
- Web Analytics
- Analytics JS
The Weekly Revenue Marketing Report
Sign up to receive a weekly personalized email from Chris Nixon, the host of the Revenue Marketing Report.